Philharmonic

Филармония

Krasnoyarsk State Philharmonic was opened on the first of October, 1953, under the auspices of the Regional Concert Bureau. The Bureau actually began its activity after the Great Patriotic War, with the first Philharmonic Society of Krasnoyarsk founded back in 1928, though the tradition of regular music concerts had been established in the late 19th century, when the first organized music circles were created.

The first Director of Krasnoyarsk Philharmonic was A.L. Ryabinov, the man whose name has always been associated with the remarkable rise of concert and music activities in town. That was Ryabinov who issued a resolution on reformation of the Philharmonic Choir into the Siberian Song and Dance Ensemble in 1954, for the great Mikhail Godenko to take the helm six years later. The vigorous activity of Ryabinov as the Director of the Philharmonic Society paved the way to the “breakthrough” in the 1960-s made by A.E. Schwartzburg. From 1959 to 1968, the number of concerts organized and run by the Philharmonic Society had increased by three times. By 1970, the Society had had 15 artistic ensembles of its own.

At the turn of the 1970-80s, a great construction project was launched in the city. In the historical centre of Krasnoyarsk, at the spot known as Strelka (merging point of the river Yenisei and its confluent, the Kacha, where in 1628 the first Cossacks led by the founder of Krasnoyarsk Andrei Dubensky disembarked to build the town), the concert complex of Krasnoyarsk Regional Philharmonic designed by famous architect A.S. Demirkhanov was built. In 1982, the Small Concert Hall opened its doors for the first visitors; two year later, the Big Concert Hall was opened.

In the same year, reconstruction of the Catholic church was finished; after installation of the organ supplied by Rieger Kloss Czech company, it was renamed into the Organ Hall.

By today, the concert complex of Krasnoyarsk Regional Philharmonic has been renovated. Re-opening of the new space took place in December 2010.

“Krasnoyarsk Regional Philharmonic is a large creative cluster including four concert halls and fourteen professional artistic ensembles of various genres.
The majority of music programmes take place at the Big, Small and Chamber Halls of the Philharmonic Complex located in the very heart of Krasnoyarsk, where the old fortress was founded. Themed concert series are held at the Organ Hall in the other part of the City. This building example of the early 20th century architecture.
Krasnoyarsk Philharmonic is the largest Russian concert organization beyond the Urals. We serve for over 300 thousand spectators every year.
The stage of the Philharmonic has hosted the musicians acknowledged as the national pride of Russia: Mikhail Pletnev, Valery Gergiev, Vladimir Spivakov, Pavel Kogan. Representatives of the younger performers’ generation, such as Dmitry Masleev, Yuri Favorin, Sergei Redkin, Haik Kazazyan, Pavel Milyukov and etc., who also performs here.
Many international projects abroad are regularly organized by Philharmonic to present Siberian performing school. Krasnoyarsk Academic Symphonic Orchestra is a music ambassador of the region, and Krasnoyarsk State Academic Dance Ensemble of Siberia introduces the world to a unique choreographic heritage of Mikhail Godenko.
The Philharmonic society offers the audience the concerts of popular Russian and foreign pop artists, theatre performances and show programmes.
Virtual Concert Hall offers the possibility to broadcast the orchestra performances all around the region.
The Philharmonic society was the first organization in Krasnoyarsk to start working with children aged under one year old (0+ age category). Moreover, we cooperate with various social services. Every year over 2500 people from lower-income families and people with special needs got the free access to the events at our concert halls".

CEO of Krasnoyarsk Regional Philharmonic,
Evgeny STODUSHNY